SDG&E offers several Assistance Programs to help lower your monthly bill while making your home more comfortable. Read more to determine if you qualify:
- CARE: With the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program, you can save every month on your bill. Eligibility is based on current household income or participation in certain public assistance programs and the number of people living in your home. To apply call 211 or connect at com/care
- Medical Baseline: The Medical Baseline Allowance Program has helped over 30,000 people – who have a qualifying medical need or medical device – to lower their energy costs. Contact us if someone in your household has:
- A compromised immune system or life-threatening illness
- Any condition where additional heating and air conditioning is medically necessary to sustain a person’s life
- One of the qualifying devices listed on the application
Household income is not a factor for qualifying, but a doctor’s certification on the application is required. To apply call 1-800-411-7343 or connect at sdge.com/medicalbaseline.
- Energy Savings Assistance (ESA) Program: We’ll provide free energy-saving improvements to your apartment, condo, house or mobile home. You may receive free lighting, furnace repair, weather-stripping, attic insulation and select free appliances such as a refrigerator. Call 1-866-597-0597 or connect at com/esap to find out if you qualify. Renters need permission from their landlords to receive these free services.